Wanted to share some recent scrapbook pages.
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Got this recipe from pinterest, the recipe used manicotti, I had shells so that's what I used. This was really good. Here's the link to this recipe:
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
These were great cookies to make with leftover cranberries I had. Here's the link to this great recipe:
Monday, December 2, 2013
Made this for Thanksgiving and was so good! Had to share this recipe:
Sunday, December 1, 2013
This was a big hit at Thanksgiving. Will definitely make this again. I made this since Hanukkah and Thanksgiving were together this year. Here's the link to the recipe:
Saturday, November 30, 2013
I will share the Rachael Ray recipe I used as inspiration for this. I made my own sauce for this and added carrots, pancetta and a mix of ground meat. Kyle likes the cheese like this, but you can cover yours so it doesn't get the same way.
- 2lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 12oz tomato paste
- 15oz tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 20 lasagna noodles
- 32oz ricotta
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella
- In a 6qt dutch oven combine the beef, onion, tomato paste, tomato sauce, 2 cups water, sugar, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper and bay leaves. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally until the mixture is thick and smooth. Stir in the vinegar and cook another 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 and bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and extra virgin olive oil and lasagna noodles. Cook, stirring often, until al dente. Drain the noodles and rinse under cold water.
- In a bowl mix the ricotta, parmesan, eggs, parsley and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Cover the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish with a thin layer of sauce. For the first layer, start with 4 noodles and then spread with half the ricotta mixture and sprinkle with a handful of mozzarella.
- For the second layer top with 4 more noodles and sprinkle with mozzarella and sauce.
- Repeat layers till done, cover the lasagna with foil and bake until bubbly. About 1 1/2 hours. Let stand 30 minutes.